Primary 3 have had a busy week completing lots of home learning tasks, read on to see what we have been up to this week.
- In Literacy, we learned new spelling patterns and practised our words throughout the week with active spelling tasks. We wrote a diary entry about what we did with our day off. We have continued to read lots of stories while we are learning at home and we created our own comprehension task by choosing some Blooms questions. We have also created a play script for a well known story and had fun acting these out. We are beginning to work on our dictionary skills and continued to practise putting words into alphabetical order.
- In Maths, we have been playing Sumdog to practise our numeracy skills- a special well done to P3b who managed to place in the top 20 for the West Lothian Sumdog competition. Miss McCormack is very proud of you! We continued our time topic, where we learned how to read and create timetables. We began to look at measurement, focusing on length. We thought about why it is important to use standard measurements, had a go at measuring objects in our homes and played some Topmarks games to test our knowledge.
- In Health & Wellbeing, we researched healthy recipes using the internet and recipe books to create a healthy meal for our families.
- In Social Studies, we continued to learn about the Ancient Egyptians, this week we learned all about Hieroglyphics, we know that this is the Ancient Egyptian alphabet and is made up of pictures and symbols. We wrote names, designed signs for rooms in our homes and even had a go at writing a letter using hieroglyphics for someone else to crack.
- In Art, we learned all about the artist, James Rizzi. We looked at a piece of his art work and thought about what we liked and disliked about it. We then had a go at creating our own cityscapes based on his work. This helped us to learn about the visual elements of colour, line, form and tone.
- In RERC, we created our own prayer of thanks to God as well. We know that the work Eucharist means Thanksgiving.
- In Science, we learned about Inheritance. We know that this means characteristics that are passed on through our genes. We looked at pictures of our family that we had at home and tried to work out which characteristics were shared in our families like hair or eye colour.
- Our Technology challenge this week was to think like an engineer. We know engineers design things that solve problems. Our task this week was to design an invention that could be used to solve a problem in our own homes. We drew labelled diagrams and some of us had a go at designing a prototype product.
Keep up the hard work Primary Three, we love seeing all of your pictures. You continue to make us proud every day!