Primary Three have had a very exciting week and have been very busy. Keep reading to learn about something of the things we did.
- We have been using the rekenreks for our Number Talks this week. We were counting the beads and then describing how we saw them. We also began looking at what numbers are made of (Hundreds, Tens, Ones). We learned that zero is a very important number and it can be used as a place holder. (Andrew and Tinashe)
- We went a walk to the library this week and we all chose a book to stay in our classrooms. (Lena P.)
- We have been learning how to use cursive handwriting, we found it quite challenging but we will keep trying our best. (Chloe)
- We wrote chapter reviews about Fantastic Mr Fox, we wrote a summary of the chapter and then gave it a star rating to encourage other people to try it. (Logan)
- We made leaflets about how to keep healthy based on our Healthy Body, Healthy Minds topic. (Jamie)
- We made our own Eatwell plates after looking at the Eatwell guide, we also talked about foods we need to eat to keep us healthy (Weronika and Lena S.)
- We have been learning about the Nativity of Our Lady this week. To celebrate her birthday, we wrote a sentence about what we think of when we talk about Mary. Some of us thought she reminded us of our families, while other people thought she helped us to remember to be kind.(Emma, Julia & Alexsander)